Business Travel Alerts: Lufthansa cabin crew strike action
3rd November 2015
The German cabin crew trade union UFO has confirmed week-long strike of Lufthansa cabin crew from Friday, 6th November until Friday, 13th November 2015.
6th November 2015 – Update:
- Start: Friday, 6th November 2pm local time at Frankfurt and Dusseldorf Airport.
- Munich Airport is excluded from the strike action until Sunday (inclusive)
The strike action affects Lufthansa German Airlines flights only. According to the airline flights operated by Lufthansa CityLine, Germanwings, Eurowings, Air Dolomiti, Austrian Airlines, SWISS and Brussels Airlines are not affected by the strike actions.
Business Travel Advice:
- Travellers booked on a Lufthansa flight that falls into the strike period are advised to prepare for cancellations and delays.
- We recommend affected travellers to check their business travel itinerary and their flight status before heading to the airport.
- Plan extra time for your travel as flight delays and cancellations are expected.
- Visit the list of currently cancelled flights on the Lufthansa website.
- Stay informed by checking Flightline Travel News Alerts and monitor local media sources.
- Clients can use the ‘Flightline Travel’ mobile app, MyTripBoard for real-time flight updates.
- Keep checking local media such as tagesschau.de or Deutsche Welle as further details will be announced during the day.
Get in touch with your Flightline Travel Management service team on +44 (0)1844 299 750 or contact the airline directly to get advice, rebook or cancel affected flights.