Business Travel Alert: Lufthansa pilots strike on short-haul flights – Update 09 Sept 2015
8th September 2015
The ongoing Lufthansa pilots strike has been temporarily stopped by a regional state labour court.
Earlier this week association Cockpit has announced to extend the Lufthansa pilots strike to short- and medium-haul flights for 9th September. On Tuesday, 8th September the Lufthansa pilots strike caused already a number flight cancellations on long-haul flights and cargo flights from and to Germany followed by the cancellation of 1,000 Lufthansa flights for the 9th Sept.
Strike dates, times and routes:
- Tuesday, 8 September 2015: Long-haul flights between 08:00 – 24:00 hrs
- Wednesday, 9 September 2015: 24-hour strike action affecting short- and medium-haul flights between 00:01 and 23:59 hrs
Business Travel Advice:
Cancellations and delays of Lufthansa flights is expected. The airline regrets any inconvenience caused and is doing its best to keep possible disruptions to a minimum. Lufthansa advised it is able to operate 90 out of about 170 the scheduled long-haul flights and all cargo flights. Flightline travellers are advised to:
- Check their travel itinerary and the status of their flight before travelling to the airport. An overview of all currently cancelled flights can be found here.
- Keep up to date by checking Flightline business travel alerts other media sources
- Check Flightline Travel’s mobile app MyTripBoard for real-time flight information.
If you are concerned your flight may be affected by the Lufthansa pilots strike, please contact your Flightline Travel Services team directly on +44 (0)1844 299 750 for advise or to rebook or cancel affected flights.
For more travel alerts and business travel news from Flightline Travel Management Ltd, please follow @FlightlineTrav1 on Twitter.