UK Rail Travel: Virgin Trains East Coast to focus on corporate travellers
28th May 2015
The new initiatives include:
- A 10% cost reduction off of Virgin Trains East Coast Standard Anytime flexible fares on its London to Leeds and Edinburgh rail services as of 18th May 2015
- The introduction of a more flexible reservations system, allowing customers to make bookings and secure a seat closer to the time of departure
- The addition of 65 new “Super Express” trains offering those travelling with the train operator shorter journey times from 2018.
- An improved catering service to make train travel more attractive to travellers
- Travellers, who are Virgin Atlantic Flying Club members, can earn miles on rail tickets purchased
Through the 10% cost reduction corporate travellers can already save money on Virgin Trains East Coast Standard Anytime train tickets. By highlighting the convenience of train stations located in the city centre in conjunction with the reduced rail fares, the train operator hopes to encourage those travelling for work to choose train travel over domestic airlines. With the launch of improved catering Virgin Trains East Coast hopes to attract those UK rail travellers making last minute bookings.
Virgin Trains East Coast expects to transport more than 20 million people in 2015 alone, with around 50% of them travelling for work purposes.
UK Rail Travel Management Solutions and Reservations for Corporate Travellers
Speak to one of our a Rail-Line business travel specialist at ‘Flightline Travel Management’ and find out more about our business travel services solutions helping companies of all sizes to manage their rail travel requirements more efficiently. Call us on +44 (0)1844 299 750 or complete our online enquiry form.
For business travel alerts and corporate travel management tips from Flightline business travel agents follow us on @FlightlineTrav1.