Rail Travel Alert: Deutsche Bahn – GDL Industrial Action 4th -10 May 2015
5th May 2015
The passenger train drivers strike action announced by union Gewerkschaft Deutscher Lokomotivführer (GDL) begins today Tuesday, 5th May, 2:00 am local time, following the start of the freight train dirvers strike (4th May 2015). The 6-day industrial action across Germany is expected to take place until Sunday, 10th May 2015, 9 am local time.
Although the Deutsche Bahn has an emergency train schedule in place, leisure and business travellers will be affected by numerous cancellations and major delays of DB trains. One-third of long-distance and 15-60% of regional rail travel services are running.
Affected train travellers are advised to:
- Plan extra time and prepare for significant delays
- Check the current status of their train connection before travelling
- Keep up to date by checking ‘Flightline Travel Alerts’ and other news sources
- Get in touch with their dedicated rail travel consultants team or the Deutsche Bahn to change or cancel their rail booking
- Visit the Deutsche Bahn (DB) website for further information