Business Travel Update: Italy -Transport strikes announced for May 2015
5th May 2015
Aviation sector employees have announced several strike actions for May 2015, however changes are likely:
Monday, May 25, 2015:
- Some Alitalia personnel plan a possible 24-hour strike action from 00:01 to 24:00 hours local time.
- Milan’s Linate (LIN) & Malpensa (MXP) airports: SEA and SEA handling airport employees plan to go on a 24 hour strike from 00:00 to 23:59 hours local time.
Friday, May 15, 2015
- Bus and Tram services: Some local ground transportation personnel plan a 24 hour strike with different starting times depending on the specific location. Currently are no further information available.
Thursday, 7th of May 2015:
- Alitalia (AZ) personnel to strike for 4 hour from 10 am to 2 pm local time.
- Airport service sector personnel to strike for 8 hours from 10am-6pm local time. The industrial action is likely to cause delays in airport ground and cargo services.
- Bologna Airport (BLQ): Employees of a number of ground-handling service providers to strike from 12 am to 4 pm local time.
- Milan’s Linate (LIN) & Malpensa (MXP) airports: Ground handling personnel to strike for 24 hours.
The above mentioned work stoppages are likely to cause delays and possible cancellations throughout the Italian airspace.
Business travel advice:
- If you are concerned that your flight may be affected, please contact your dedicated Flight-Line business travel agents team.
- Plan extra time for your journey, and prepare for possible delays and cancellations
- Check your flight status and media sources before you travel