Business travel agents announce Virgin Atlantic’s New Hand Baggage Policy
24th April 2013
Since 31st March 2013, business travel agents Virgin Atlantic has increased its hand baggage allowance from 6 kg to 10 kg for all long-haul and domestic flights.
Flightline Travel management has put together a quick list of what has changed for business travellers:
Little Red: Number of pieces 1, max size 23 x 36 x 56 cm (that’s approx. 9 x 14 x 22 inches), max weight 10kg
Economy: Number of pieces 1, max size 23 x 36 x 56 cm (that’s approx. 9 x 14 x 22 inches), max weight 10kg (22lbs)
Premium Economy: Number of pieces 1, max size 23 x 36 x 56 cm (that’s approx. 9 x 14 x 22 inches), max weight 10kg (22lbs)
Upper Class: Number of piece 2, max size 23 x 36 x 56 cm (that’s approx. 9 x 14 x 22 inches), max weight (combined) 16kg (35 lbs), max weight (individual item) 12kg (26 lbs)
To help with baggage condundrums, here’s a list of some bits and bobs, which you usually can take on board in addition to your hand baggage:
- Your handbag, pocketbook or purse, as you would normally use it (in other words, not just being used to contain items that would otherwise be regarded as baggage).
- Your overcoat or wrap, umbrella or walking stick (these cannot be pointed or sharp).
- A reasonable amount of reading matter for the flight.
- A small camera and/or pair of binoculars.
- A small amount of duty free goods.
- Headphones for onboard use (they’ll need the standard 3.5mm jack)
Flight-Line business travel agents keep you up to date with baggage policies
For the complete ‘Hand Baggage Policy”, please visit the Virgin Atlantic Website .
Or, if you require any assistance or a have questions regarding hand baggage allowance for your flight contact Flight-line direct on 01844 299 775 and one of our friendly travel specialists will advice you.