Avis Budget car rentals UK – revised terms in response to British Anti Discrimination Act
26th January 2013
From 1st October 2012 the British Government implemented a new Age Discrimination Act. The new regulation, which also applies to ground transportation, forbids car rental companies to refuse customers based on age.
As a result Avis Budget Group UK has issued its revised terms as follows:
- Avis no longer have a minimum rental age
- Drivers must have a minimum 36 months (3 years) driving experience
- Drivers under the age of 25 will be charged the young driver surcharge
- Young driver surcharge will increase to £39 including tax, this is to offset the insurance premium – the new charge will be applied to rentals starting from 4th January
- Drivers under the age of 25 will be available to rent A, B and C car groups
No changes will be made to the minimum age for Budget rentals as AXA insurance company will not cover drivers under the age of 23.
Should you have any questions regarding car hire or require further assistance, please contact our business travel consultant.